Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Foundation Routine

My Foundation Routine

Primer
After I cleanse and moisturize my face I like to prime my face using Still Glamorus Cosmetics Foundation Primer. I only use about a nickle size amount for my whole face including my neck. This helps make my foundation last longer and also the primer acts as a barrier for my skin preventing blemishes caused by my make-up.

Foundation Primer
Still Glamorus Cosmetics Foundation Primer
1 fl oz
$14.50

Foundation
After I have primed my face, I apply my foundation. My all time favorite foundation is the Revlon ColorStay. I am the shade Fresh Beige right now. Summer is leaving us so, I will eventually have to go a bit lighter. (This foundation does give full coverage to the face and it also has SPF 15 in it, so if you are looking for a full coverage foundation I highly recommend this one). I like to apply my foundation with a stippling brush from ELF cosmetics. Very affordable, only $3 from there studio line at my local target or at eyeslipsface.com  

***Quick tip: if you have dry skin try applying MACs Fix+ before your foundation. This will help add a little more moisture to you face and it will give you that air brushed look*** 

Revlon Colorstay Makeup For Comb/oily Skin - Fresh Beige
Revlon ColorStay
1 fl oz
Ulta $11.99


Concealer
I started to use Almay's Wake-Up concealer in Light/Medium. I like my concealer to be bit lighter then my foundation, that way it brightens up my eyes and it makes my skin look awake and fresh.  To apply this I use the Deluxe Crease brush from Samantha Chapmans Real Techniques brush kit (Ulta $17.99) I only apply the concealer under my eyes and if I have any dark spots or blemishes.
Almay Wake Up Concealer
0.22 fl oz.
CVS $8.99

Powder
To set my foundation I use the Revlon ColorStay Pressed Power in medium. I don't use a lot. I like to tap my brush just a couple times in the product and apply it where my face gets oily the most. If you apply too much powder the face tends to look a bit cakey and that's not a good look haha. The powder brush I use is also from ELF cosmetics from the studio line. It was only $3

Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder
0.3 oz.
Walgreens $9.99


That is it! :) 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and thanks for taking the time to read my blog! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the revlon color stay. I haven't used it in a while because I was looking for cheaper alternatives... their photo ready foundation is really good too. One of these days I think I'm going to need to purchase a primer from still glamorus and some other things I've had my eye on for awhile now! haha Great Post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! <3 And I know what you mean the color stay can be pricey but I like to stock up when I see buy one get one half off and i've seen walmart sell it for 9.99 sometimes. Its the only one I love on my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the colorstay also!
    ive been looking for a good face primer.
    im gonna have to try this one.
    thanks!
    http://iesharenee.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 That's So Renee, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena